As a brand manager at Rise, whether I'm working on a website for a new company, a website redesign for an established company, or creating an extended marketing plan, the key to my role is building solid relationships.
First, I want to have a fantastic relationship with my clients so that they trust me with the very serious task of building their brand. While user centered strategy, agile development, social media, transmedia, SEO, (want me to go on?) are all becoming frequently used terms, most folks aren't familiar with the strategy behind the successful design and implementation for any of them. Often my clients rely on me not only to manage the creation of the plan and the execution, but also to educate them in the field. This is why I'm always open with what I'm doing, why I'm doing it, and what outcomes they should expect. I'm also the person that has to deliver the hard truth sometimes. My clients have to understand that my intentions are to look out for their best interests, which sometimes comes with a bit of tough love. If they don't trust me, then it's really difficult to deliver that occasional tough love and move forward in building their business!
Second, I want my clients to have outstanding relationships with their customers. So much of what we do at Rise is about honoring the client-to-customer relationship. Our websites are built with the users in mind and our content marketing is geared towards delivering quality information so our clients can be a resource to their customers. We use SEO, PPC, social media, and transmedia to get our clients in front of their customers and to facilitate interactions between them. Ultimately, we want our clients to mean more to their customers - a valuable esteem that is shown through higher interaction, attention, and sales.
Dawn with Rise CEO Stephan (on the left)
and client Chris Turck of H&H (on the right)
Building those relationships enables me to do the more literal aspects of my job:
- Represent and advocate for clients in Rise internal meetings any time we are working on a deliverable for them.
- Develop brand guidelines that include grand things like your mission statement and unique selling proposition as well as offering guidance on things like colors and wording.
- Ensure that the brand maintains a consistent presence/personality across all mediums. Down to the language, visuals, and emotions of every public message.
- Help clients make smart decisions as their company grows.
- Develop and implement digital marketing strategies.
- Build and interact with a growing community for your brand.
- Be up to date with current trends in your industry, your users, and the web industry so I can advise on updates.
- Report on the progress, ROI, and analytics behind what Rise is doing for your brand.
We've got a whole team here at Rise that is dedicated to making our clients look and sound great. My job is to guide the process and ensure that everything we deliver is sound for our clients and their brands.